LGBTQ Legal Advice Post-Trump
- Trump cannot invalidate your marriage. Trump cannot overturn Obergefell v. Hodges (the 2015 U.S. Supreme Court marriage equality decision).
- Trump cannot invalidate your adoption or parentage orders.
- Trump could make the implementation of marriage equality by federal agencies difficult.
- Trump could allow religion based exceptions to the provision of services.
- Do not rely on a two-parent birth certificate alone - get an adoption completed.
- Do not rely on state law for your spouse to inherit - make sure your estate planning documents are in order.
- Make sure your child's Social Security number record lists both parents as the child's legal parents.
- Get your child a passport now and make sure that State Department records list both parents as the child's legal parents.
- Gender marker revisions to passports should be made as quickly as possible.
- File any contemplated immigration petition for your spouse or step-child immediately.
Contact Glickman LLC today for your legal needs.
We have years of experience representing gay men, lesbians, bisexual and transgender individuals facing the unique legal challenges of the LGBT community. Our firm is prepared to use our knowledge of legal issues and concerns of the LGBT community in representation in:
- Immigration Benefits
- Immigration Asylum and Removal
- Attorney Discipline
- Criminal Defense and Criminal Immigration
We advise gay men and lesbians from other countries seeking to immigrate to the United States for work or to be with their partners. Immigration law experience and knowledge counts if you are trying to enter the country as a gay man or a lesbian. Contact the lawyers at Glickman LLC to help you understand your options.
Business Law, Contracts, Consumer Issues
The LGBT community has the same legal needs as the rest of the population, and when you have a choice, you choose professionals who understand the unique challenges you face due to homophobia. Our attorneys aggressively advocate for gay and lesbian individuals. Contact the lawyers at Glickman LLC for all your legal needs.